How Do You Like Your Wings - Bone-In or Boneless?
Monday, July 29 is National Chicken Wing Day across the country. Here at Wicked Willie's Sports Grill, you'll find the best wings at the Lake of the Ozarks on our menu. Around here we prefer bone-in wings, but there are those that enjoy a good boneless wing instead. We've listed a few pros and cons of each below. (But we're still not changing our minds!)
- More Flavor: The bone, skin, & cartilage add extra flavor to the meat while it cooks. (That may not "sound" appetizing, but it tastes great!)
- It's a Classic: Come on, when someone says chicken wing, this is what you automatically imagine.
- Irresistible: As you'll soon see, most of our "cons" below have a "pro" twist to them and that's because it's hard to find fault with the bone-in wings we love! (Once you taste ours, you'll totally agree!)
- Messy: Biting the meat off the bone does cause the sauce and juices to get on your hands and often run down your chin. (Of course, that adds to the fun experience of enjoying wings!)
- Take Longer to Eat: It's difficult for one person alone to get through a plate of chicken wings quickly because of all the bites involved to finish one. (This gives you more time to savor the flavor though!)
- Easy to Eat: You can bite into one easily and in many cases pop it straight into your mouth because there are no bones to eat around.
- Less Mess: Rather than a stack of napkins and wet wipes, all you need to enjoy a boneless wing is a fork. The sauce won't be all over your fingers and you won't have a pile of bones to stare at sitting on the table.
- Not a Real Wing: If you want authenticity, this isn't the way to go. Generally, boneless wings are formed from breast meat. They're really more like a chicken nugget.
- Less Flavorful: These don't have the benefit of the bones and other parts adding flavor the meat during cooking. Most of the flavor relies on the sauce and if a boneless wing isn't cooked properly, it can come out of the frier tasting dry.
Wings Our Way (#WickedGood!)
It's easy to order a big ol' plate of fresh, jumbo bone-in wings at our Lake of the Ozarks sports bar & grill. Sauce choices include:
with spicy black pepper dijon buffalo sauce
Grilled Jamaican Jerk
spicy Jamaican jerk marinade
Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Habanero
The name says it all!
tossed in a sweet soy-ginger sauce
If you happen to be a member of "team boneless," we could have the kitchen toss an order of chicken tenders or the meat from our Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich in one of the amazing wing sauces listed above.
For those of you in the mood for tasty Buffalo wing flavor but not exactly craving chicken wings, we've got a couple of other menu items you're going to love.
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
Grilled chicken, tossed in Wicked Willie’s Buffalo sauce, melted cheddar jack cheese, bleu cheese crumbles, jalapeno, and pickled celery and drizzled with sriracha ranch.
Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
Crispy potato skins stuffed with grilled chicken tossed in Wicked Willie’s Buffalo sauce, cheddar jack and bleu cheese, crisp bacon, and green onions and drizzled with sriracha ranch.
This Monday, July 29, swing on by our family-friendly restaurant at the Lake of the Ozarks and celebrate National Chicken Wing Day here with us at Wicked Willie's Sports Grill. Actually, you don't have to wait until then because we serve our jumbo, fresh, out-of-this-world wings 7 days a week. Come on by anytime (after 11:00 am, of course) and get ready to get messy! (We've got plenty of napkins handy, so it's fine.)
Connect with us:
5384 Osage Beach Pkwy
Osage Beach, MO 65065